EMBEDDED LINUX, ROBUST AND HIGHLY CUSTOMIZABLE
The capabilities of embedded Linux are astonishing. Linux is by far the most widely used free and open operating system, because it is easy to work with, thanks to the light kernel and modular structure. There is a great variety of components ready and Linux-based devices can be easily customized according to specific needs. Furthermore, Linux is a great choice for building secure environments.
While its free and open source nature makes embedded Linux a very attractive choice, there are also weaknesses that need to be considered during the development process. For a company wanting to create devices that meet the requirements set by test facilities, service providers and end-users, in-depth knowledge of the different distributions and the vast variety of components and their capabilities is a necessity.
Using embedded Linux requires in-depth technical skills to build and combine elements, but what is essential is to have the know-how to create fully-functioning devices that meet regulatory standards and that people really crave to use. This is what we specialise in. Linux is one of the most familiar platforms for Ixonos: We have nearly a decade of experience in building Linux-based devices and we have been deeply involved in customer projects for many embedded and mobile Linux distributions, such as Ubuntu, Moblin, Maemo, MeeGo, Tizen, Android, WebOS, and so forth.
Ixonos is a proud member of the Linux Foundation. It is a strategic choice for us and we us it in our most significant product development concepts, such as the multi-window solution and the dual-display solution, as well as Ixonos Linux BSP and Android Platforms for embedded devices. As an example of a customer project, we have developed an embedded Linux configuration for a demanding environment for Cargotec.
WHAT WE CAN DELIVER ON LINUX
Our capabilities cover the development of base operating system, kernel and HW adaptation, middleware frameworks and the creation of native applications in different environments.
- The development and maintenance of the base operating system, including the baseport, bootloaders, kernel, driver, HW adaptation layer, device state management, battery management and the security subsystem.
- The development and maintenance of the application framework, including widget development for various form factors, input methods and locales, middleware, Web Runtimes, telephony framework, and connectivity framework.
- The development and maintenance of the multimedia framework, including signalling, RTP content streaming, uPnP, Codecs, Multimedia Player applications and widgets as well as Gstreamer plugins.
- The development and maintenance of the native and web (HTML5) applications.
- SDK development
- Software Integration
- Quality Assurance such as code reviews, automated testing framework development, functional and non-functional testing, error management as well as test pools.
- and MORE!
Director, Key Customer Accounts
tel. +358 40 765 6508