ANDROID DEVELOPMENT, DIFFERENTIATION THROUGH DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY
The reasons to opt for Android development are clear enough; open source code, ecosystem, and masses of high-quality services.
Where there are advantages, there are also challenges. The reasons that make Android appealing to you, make it appealing to everyone else also. This makes differentiation a key issue for consumer products. While constant version updates benefit the end users, they do require an agile R&D partner willing to battle against the clock and deliver impeccable results, every time.
Ixonos is such a partner. We have in-depth knowledge of all levels of the Android stack and we know wireless devices like the backs of our hands. We’re not limited to mobile, just like Android isn’t, but have the capability to develop software for any kind of smart device, for consumer or industrial use. In recent years, we have been working on customer projects for smart phones and tablets, as well as set-top boxes and video conferencing devices. We design and develop software starting from the hardware level and working up the stack to the user interface. We pay special attention to the user experience, because we want to ensure that the devices are easy and pleasant to use.
To really address the need for differentiation, we put great effort into developing concepts that help our customers’ devices to stand out from the competition, not only technically and functionally but also when it comes to the user experience. Our multi-window solution for tablets and large-screen devices and dual-display device software are examples of assets we have developed in-house and matured for our customers.
WHAT WE CAN DELIVER ON ANDROID
We handle all Android solutions from baseport through hardware abstraction and framework to applications.
- Baseport drivers
- Board wakeup, memory test and optimization
- Production test and verification
- Power, clock and battery management
- Secure boot
- USB stack
- Android recovery and FOTA
- Android in virtualized multi-OS context
- Radio Interface Layer (RIL)
- Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL)
- Modifications and customization to Core framework like WindowManager and ActivityManager
- Android Multi-window
- Android Dual Display
- Location Based Services
- GStreamer and FFMpeg porting to Android
- Android Audio framework (routing and effects)
- Widevine DRM
Applications and UX:
- Android custom home screen
- Android applications
- Custom views and animations
- UPnP / AnyMote integration
- Integrate with back-ends and web services (JSON)
- OEM Device creation; Android for industrial and non-smartphone CE devices
- Creating and maintaining Android variants
- Release of FOTA updates to consumers
- Device Management
- Help pass CTS and be CDD compliant
- Host of Android trees with nightly builds and continuous integration
- Product releases with full test
Director, Key Customer Accounts
tel. +358 40 765 6508